Warehouse/Back Up Driver
Basic Purpose: To accurately ship and receive materials in the best way possible to provide superior customer service. To deliver customer orders professionally, on time and with superior customer service. And alternate between the two as needed.
- Operating forklift to unload and load trucks.
- Pulling product for orders and transfers.
- Deliveries in Box Truck and/or van, as needed. Assure that the orders are correct, complete and properly loaded.
- Deliver customer orders according to delivery schedule (preset).
- Drive safely to assure that the products don’t get damaged during transportation.
- Immediately notify the sales person and / or the shipping supervisor of any customer order discrepancy.
- Unload the truck and check items in front of customer and have the customer sign the invoice.
- Fill out truck logs thoroughly daily.
Critical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Packing, shipping and expediting of all customer orders.
- Receiving and inspecting incoming product. Receives correctly.
- Packing, shipping and recording of transfers. Shipped correctly.
- Assist Branch Manager in solving customer problems.
- Performs cycle counts in responsible manner when requested.
- Assists warehouse manager on special projects as requested.
- Sweeps, cleans and neatens as necessary.
- Annual physical inventory
- Maintain the truck, check all functional parts for safety, compliance with state laws and keep it clean. Check fluid levels.
- Read instructions on the invoice, make sure signed and dated with piece count.
- Pick up COD payments cash/checks when needed.
- Follow company dress code.
- Treat the customer with respect.
- Must be able to work overtime on short notice.
- All order pulled in timely manner.
- No equipment damaged.
- Checklist complete daily/weekly
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Forklift experience sit-down preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Valid CDL Driver’s License preferred but not necessary.
- DOT physical card and driver abstract a must.
- One year straight/box truck driving experience preferred.
- Experience driving a straight/box truck in center city Philadelphia
- Computer literacy preferred in Microsoft Office Suite.(Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Positive, Can do attitude
- One year experience delivery experience.
- Warehouse experience organizational skills
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must comprehend alpha/numerical warehousing system.
Organizational Relationship: This position reports directly to the Branch Manager. No personnel reports to this position.
Please contact our Human Resources department for more information or to apply.